Given the preparation and recent performances of most of the athletes we believe that this team will perform well in South Korea. Good luck to the following athletes.
Minimising injury, performance enhancement, and enhanced boot comfort are all critical elements for any elite snow sports athlete. This is where the use of orthoses in the athlete’s footwear can be of significant benefit. There is evidence to support the use of orthotics in a skiers edge control, balance, plantar pressure redistribution, shock absorption in the subtle and more aggressive movements that occur.
We have supported Snow Sports New Zealand in helping ensure that these athletes have been able to compete at the highest level possible. Whether it be their intense dry land training sessions or competing on the snow, Footbionics are an important part of a skier’s equipment.
Footbionics orthoses are worn by many of the New Zealand Winter Olympic athletes.
The 2018 New Zealand Winter Olympic Team:
- Adam Barwood – Men’s Giant Slalom, Men’s Slalom, Men’s Super G
- Finn Bilous – Men’s Freeski Slopestyle
- Duncan Campbell – Men’s Snowboardcross
- Tiarn Collins – Men’s Snowboard Slopestyle, Men’s Snowboard Big Air
- Shane Dobbin – Ice Speed Skating 10,000m Carlos
- Carlos Garcia Knight – Men’s Snowboard Slopestyle, Men’s Snowboard Big Air
- Willis Feasey – Men’s Giant Slalom, Men’s Slalom, Men’s Super G
- Britt Hawes – Women’s Freeski Halfpipe
- Reyon Kay – Ice Speed Skating Mass Start, Ice Speed Skating 1500m
- Janina Kuzma – Women’s Freeski Halfpipe
- Peter Michael – Ice Speed Skating Mass Start, Ice Speed Skating 5000m and 1500m
- Peter Michael, Reyon Kay, Shane Dobbin – Men’s Team Pursuit
- Miguel Porteous – Men’s Freeski Halfpipe
- Nico Porteous – Men’s Freeski Halfpipe
- Jamie Prebble – Men’s Ski Cross
- Zoi Sadowski Synnott – Women’s Snowboard Slopestyle, Women’s Snowboard Big Air
- Alice Robinson – Women’s Giant Slalom, Women’s Slalom
- Rakai Tait – Men’s Snowboard Halfpipe
- Rhys Thornbury – Men’s Skeleton
- Beau-James Wells – Men’s Freeski Halfpipe
- Jackson Wells – Men’s Freeski Slopestyle
- Byron Wells – Men’s Freeski Halfpipe